Commercial litigation covers most types of business conflicts including financial, property, and contract disputes. At Lake Cook Law Group, we work closely with individuals and groups on all different sides of these issues. We aggressively search for solutions to the issues that entrepreneurs and small businesses face during their lifetime.
Our cases include:
- Real Estate litigation
- Employment disputes
- Debt collection
- Breaches of contract
- Interference with business relationships
- Franchise issues
- Partnership disputes
- Shareholder issues
For valuable counsel on these sorts of issues, please contact an attorney at Lake Cook Law Group and schedule a consultation.
Commercial Litigation Lawyers
In a perfect business world, there would be no problems. Advertising mistakes would be caught before campaigns are launched. Every party who signed a contract would uphold their end of the bargain. There would be no disputes about real estate or intellectual property. Unfortunately, the business world is far from perfect, and many business owners find that problems do arise. When this happens, it is likely that what follows is an engagement for commercial litigation attorneys in commercial litigation.
A Brief Definition of Commercial Litigation
Commercial Litigation Law can be defined as any legal action regarding one or more business transactions. Many of these business transactions involve contract disputes between businesses or between business partners. However, commercial law also deals with issues between businesses and consumers, such as in the case of false advertising or product liability. In some cases, a dispute may even arise between a business and the government if environmental, tax, or antitrust laws have become an issue.
Types of Commercial Litigation
The following is a brief explanation of some of the things that Commercial Litigation Law encompasses and what types of cases a commercial litigation attorney can assist with:
- Breach of Contract: This type of case goes to court when two parties have signed a contract and one party has failed to deliver as promised.
- Real Estate: Commercial real estate law deals with disputes over the sale or lease terms of a property, problems with land use, or even condo association disputes.
- Employment Disputes: If a company or business owner is accused of participating in sexual harassment, discrimination, retaliation, or wrongful termination, commercial litigation can help solve these issues.
- Shareholder or Partnership Disputes: In some cases, business partners or shareholders disagree on things like finances, governance, or succession. Commercial litigation attorneys can help parties either come to an agreement or figure out how to move forward without one.
Commercial law is a practice area of law that encompasses a broad array of issues, each one of them with their own governing laws and potential complexities. Whether a dispute has arisen with a business partner, another company, a customer or a shareholder, it’s vital to seek legal assistance from an experienced commercial litigation attorney. Get in touch with the team of professionals at Lake Cook Law Group to learn more about how commercial litigation lawyers in Deerfield can help business owners successfully resolve their cases.